WELCOME TO THE THINK TANK!

This is a no holds bar discussion blog on where you think this country should be going and how it should get there. I will discuss past, present and future politics and how it affected and will effect our way of life. I invite conservatives, moderates and progressives to post your thoughts. This is the future of our country and we need to get it back on track. My goal is to change one mind at a time and turn this back into the nation of our forefathers!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 10, 2011

Half Staff


Christina Green

U.S. District Judge John Roll

Phyllis Schneck

Dorothy Morris

Dorwin Stoddard

Gabe Zimmerman

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for answering my questions Drake. It is a complicated issue, and I have been getting conflicting information about the effects of a repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. I am for the freedom of all people, but I also want our military to be the best so that they can do their job effectively. This may or may not mean that they accept individuals who openly declare a same gender attraction. I don't think people should be labeled by their sexual orientation. Homosexual behavior is a disordered behavior that should be seen as such, but we should be able to separate the actions from the person. I don't introduce myself as Mike, the heterosexual, so why are people who live the disordered lifestyle of homosexuality labeled as such? Perhaps some give themselves that label. As long as chaplins or other military personnel are free to speak against the sin of homosexuality and as long as the individuals who have openly declared themselves homosexual do not make their sexual orientation a cause for distraction, I think I'm ok with the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. I'm just a little concerned about how such a repeal will be interpretated by the public at large and whether or not it will become a distraction for the troops who often have to be on high alert. The worst case scenario is that our culture accepts homosexual behavior as a healthy and normal way of life. I pray that all who struggle with sins of the body be given the grace of God to overcome their sinful inclinations. All of us struggle with sin, so we should try to help each other become saints at every opportunity. God bless!

    ReplyDelete