WELCOME TO THE THINK TANK!

This is a no holds bar discussion blog on where you think this country should be going and how it should get there. I will discuss past, present and future politics and how it affected and will effect our way of life. I invite conservatives, moderates and progressives to post your thoughts. This is the future of our country and we need to get it back on track. My goal is to change one mind at a time and turn this back into the nation of our forefathers!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 5, 2010

Back By Popular Demand






Before I start my rant I want to thank everyone for all their gracious words about this blog. Although my writing fingers have been itching to post my crazy thoughts, my recent duties had taken my attention to more immediate matters. However, because of you, my avid 3 readers, this blog will be resuscitated and continue to share American thoughts. Now, that said, let’s begin shall we?
From the oil spill, legalization of pot, General McChrystal, Elena Kaegan, to the painting over a mural of an American flag a week before the 4rth, (way to go governator) I’d say we Americans have had plenty to be disgusted about (I didn’t even mention the economy). While driving home the other day through the purple mountain majesties’ of North Dakota, that was a joke, I looked over at my wife and said “you know, I think this 4rth of July will mean more to a lot of people than most years.”
“Why?” She asked. Why indeed. Besides the onset of WWII, there has not been a time when the American way of life has been so threatened. God has been banished from our schools, the pledge of allegiance is becoming outlawed literature and the constitution is being interpreted out of existence. But every 4rth of July it comes back. We can’t escape the smell of gunpowder on old muskets as you imagine the miracle of our victory over red coat tyranny. We can’t escape the wonder of a man boating across the Delaware. As our neighborhoods sound like a revolutionary war battle field, we imagine men risking their lives to write a document that would forge a country of freedom for all men. We remember “WE THE PEOPLE” and we wake up. We realize how timeless our constitution really is. We take to the streets to celebrate and thank those who studied war so that our sons and daughters could study math and English. We thank the immigrants who braved the unknown and settled this great land. We celebrate FREEDOM! As we see our freedoms slowly slip away and witness evil men plot against our way of life, this 4rth of July we remember what our good elders intended and we wake up ready to fight, and keep it.

God Bless America

2 comments: